Date of Birth: July 4
Location: Toronto Ontario, Canada
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Ethnicity: Portuguese (dad), French/Scottish-Canadian Native (mom)
Turn-ons: confidence, integrity, humour, nice smile, protective of his girl, long hair
Turn-offs: arrogance, anger, entitlement, “shooters”
AMF: Where are you from? Where are you currently living?
– I was born in Mississauga, Ontario and currently living in Waterdown, Ontario. I love small town living!
AMF: How long have you been modeling for?
– I started in the industry part-time when I was 18 years old, however I recently have grown into my look and have been working more consistently.
AMF: How did you start modeling?
– I was dancing at an all-ages party and was approached to be an extra in the movie “Honey” with Jessica Alba. After that I started doing lots of music videos / extra work and it snowballed from there. I am still with my same manager, Suzette. Over the years, I have been given really awesome opportunities in the industry other than modeling, where I was able to dabble in wardrobe styling, creative design and photo shoot directing, booking & manage other projects and talent. It has been quite a ride.
AMF: What would you say separates you from other models?
– The fact that I don’t consider myself a model. I am a regular girl who goes after opportunities. I live for experiences, so having the opportunities to work on these types of projects with such great people just adds spice to my life. I am thankful I have been given the chance to experience so much and get paid for it too!
AMF: What are some of your best achievements thus far?
– Last spring I worked the Toronto ProShow with CT Fletcher for Muscle Pharm. That was a great day. The day I stepped on stage for my first fitness competition was also a milestone for me. The Bruce Colero Sins of Flesh Calendar 2015 was a blast to shoot and I can’t wait to see it when it comes out. But my best achievement is when I have women come up to me and say that I inspire them- either to get fit or to believe in themselves. You can’t buy this feeling and its incredible knowing I can touch someone like that.
AMF: What do you like or dislike about modeling?
– I love having fun in front of the camera and getting creative. I like letting my personality show through which is something I couldn’t do when I was younger. I love freezing moments in time and capturing the story. However, in this industry, people like to assume others are a “certain way”. Its very challenging to have people make assumption about you on a regular basis. That is why its so important to know who you are and to own it! It’s challenging to find a significant other who is supportive and confident in his own skin, who can roll with the lifestyle. Most men love the idea, but lack the strength. When I find him, our life together will be a crazy & beautiful ride.
AMF: What is your best modeling secret?
– Lose the fear. I used to be very stiff in front of the camera- I was afraid to mess up the shots. I was “trying”. With time, I’ve learned that you have to take at least ten bad shots to get one good one; so just let your emotions and personality shine through. Some of my best shots are mistakes.
AMF: What is the best modeling project that you’ve done?
– I did a series of shots for fun with Kris Joseph. We had such great chemistry and the shots came out unreal – it’s my favorite series to date. I also really love my Red Sonja cosplay pin-up I shot with Bruce Colero for his “2015 Sins of Flesh “Calendar. I’m honored to one of the chosen models for this calendar since there are so many women I love and respect in it with me.
AMF: What is the strangest modeling project that you’ve done?
– I was a sushi platter for a film festival party and one of the Backstreet Boys ate a California roll off me. That was awkward!
AMF: What would you say is your best physical feature?
– I love my eyes.
AMF: What do you like to do outside of modeling?
– I love working out and spending time with my friends and family. I love going on little last minute adventures, even if it’s a Sunday drive to nowhere at all – I love exploring!
AMF: What is your dream car and why?
– For everyday, I really love the BMW X6 – black on black – it’s classic and clean, but my dream is a black 1969 Chevelle SS – it just cannot be beat!
AMF: What do you like about the industry / scene and why?
– In Toronto I love how music, fashion, modeling, and photography are all connected. However, I stay out of the scene. I like being a homebody. #teamnetflicks
AMF: What do you dislike about the industry / scene and why?
– I hate the entitlement I see in people. We are all people and we all bleed. It makes me sick when I see someone with a huge ego. It’s fine to have pride and appreciate respect, but some people thinks they are not human. They think they can go around treating people like crap and its unacceptable.
AMF: What is the most memorable modeling experience and why?
– I really loved shooting last spring at Eveleigh nightclub with Pink Elephant and Arsenic studios. We had great wardrobe, sets and had a blast!
AMF: Having success as a model (like anything) comes with a price, what was yours?
– I try to stay grounded and make calculated decisions based on my life goals. I didn’t pursuit modeling at the cost of a “price”, but more from a taking advantage of opportunity. It’s good to work hard and “sacrifice”- there is a difference between paying a price and earning something. I had to pay my dues in the beginning doing a lot of time for print, non-paid work. I built my portfolio and resume, but more importantly I built my reputation on being level headed, reliable, and down to earth. Your reputation is #1- If you are known as a problem – you will have a problem.
AMF: What advice would you give out to aspiring models?
– Stay grounded, read, save your money and don’t let men dictate your decisions. Lose your fear. Know who you are and own it! Be pleasant, polite and thankful. Pay your dues. Apply for sugarmodels.ca. Have a great work ethic and positive attitude. Smile.
AMF: Shout outs or last words?
– Shout out to my manager Suzette. Check out my Instagram @MIRANDA_LEEE to purchase my new tees and posters!